Raise Awareness on Your Campus
The Lauren McCluskey Foundation invites students, staff, and faculty across the country to raise awareness about the impact of dating violence and stalking. Everyone on campus has the power to listen, believe, and respond to a person asking for help.
You can get involved to change campus cultures that respond poorly to dating violence and stalking on your campus. Learn more about what you can do to educate others and plan a campus awareness campaign on your campus.
Here are some ideas for activities or events you can organize for your campus.
- Host an awareness walk on a campus track
- Develop a 5k walk or run through campus
- Build awareness with posters or ribbons near campus safety phones
- Partner with your campus women’s resource center
- Write a letter to the editor and submit it to your campus newspaper
- Share local statistics about dating violence and stalking through your social channels
- Ask faculty members on campus to adopt Lauren’s Promise
- Work with your student government to pass a resolution about campus safety
- Reach out to your campus safety team to ensure dating and stalking calls are prioritized